I recently completed Michelle Schroeder-Gardner’s online course after reading several enthusiastic reviews on the net.
Michelle from Making Sense of Cents is well known both for her website focussing on money-saving tips, and for her mind-blowing income reports such as this one.
I wanted to learn from the best, and obviously Michelle knows a thing or two about how to make money from affiliate marketing!
If you’ve been investigating monetizing your blog then you’d be well aware that the most popular ways to do so are via ads, affiliate marketing and selling your own products/services.
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s products. You find a product or service you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
For instance I’m a registered affiliate of SiteGround web hosting – if you click on the banner in my post (go ahead, they’re the best!) I’ll earn a commission if you sign up with them.
If enough people do that, maybe I can eventually post an income chart like the following one of Michelle’s (yeah, in my dreams right?) :
In this course, there are 6 modules, over 30 lessons, over 20 worksheets, bonuses, an extremely helpful exclusive Facebook group, and more, and Michelle goes through everything when it comes to affiliate marketing, such as:
- What affiliate marketing is and how it works
- Why affiliate marketing is great
- The exact steps she’s taken to earn over $300,000 from a single blog post
- How to pick the right affiliate products to promote
- How to increase conversions
- How to build trust and not lose followers
- Required disclosures that you need to know about
- The one major tool you need for affiliate marketing
- Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products
- How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing (yes, this includes the newest Pinterest affiliate rules!)
As someone who’s been blogging on and off over a number of years I still managed to find a decent amount of useful information in the course, so a newbie to the world of affiliate marketing would certainly get more than fair value for their money.
And that’s only the course itself – the ‘bonuses’ are a massive helping of cream on the top:
- How to Always Get Approved To An Affiliate Program
- Pinterest Strategy – How To Receive Hundreds of Thousands Of Visitors From Pinterest a Month
- 9 Things You Must Do When Something Goes Viral
- How To Increase Your Page Views
- How to Maximize Your Reach, Your Impact, and Your Revenue with Facebook Ads
The exclusive Facebook group is one of the best bonuses of the course, giving you access to a highly motivated group of course graduates.
Michelle is very active in the group asking and answering questions, and in general it’s a very useful and supportive group to share your content and get valuable feedback and advice.
If there’s a question about affiliate marketing you need an answer to (or indeed anything else to do with blogging) it’s rare you can’t find the answer you’re seeking in this group.
As you can see from the screenshot below, Michelle also helps group members to promote one another’s blogs:
You can enter and exit the course at any time without worrying you’ll lose your position or access to previous modules.
I completed the course some weeks ago and I can continue to logon and view any part of it I wish. It also looks great on mobile so you can work through it while commuting or sitting in a cafe.
One final bonus (and possibly the best): it’s a course on affiliate marketing, so naturally you can become an affiliate of the course!
Just complete the course and you will then be allowed to promote it yourself, receiving a generous 40% of the proceeds of every signup you make.
This course (plus the bonuses) in my opinion represents overall great value for money, and I can strongly recommend it to anyone new to affiliate marketing.
The combination of the course, the bonuses, the access to the exclusive Facebook group and the opportunity to become an affiliate of the course itself all represents great value for money.
FREE PDF: 'How to Write Great Headlines That Get More Blog Traffic'
Enter Email For Instant Access!